python-3.3

Dmitry Sivachenko trtrmitya at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:03:17 UTC 2012

On 19.12.2012, at 15:53, Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/12/2012 9:50 PM, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Would you mind if I commit patch sent by koobs@ to freebsd-python a while ago to introduce python version 3.3?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I'd like to see at least a few reports of successful testing and feedback from python@ folk before we look at committing. I know I'm not entirely satisfied with it yet.
>
> Some specifics:
>
> - regression test failures
> - lang/python-doc-html needs updating

I use python3.3 in production for a month or so and it works for me.
(switched because of a bug in 3.2 I hit which is fixed in 3.3).

> I think it might also be prudent to consider starting python33 from a blank port slate while we have the opportunity, and would like to hear peoples thoughts on this generally.

What do your mean " blank port slate"?

If we commit the port, people start using it and provide feedback.  Problems can be fixed after these reports.

Now we see patches waiting for months and nothing happens and I smell another half-year ports freeze soon.