eggs problem

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:20:12 UTC 2011

Hi all.

I recently stumble upon long standing PYTHON_EGG_CACHE problem. There
are a lot of questions which I can't address anywhere:

1. Is it secure to use world writable dir for PYTHON_EGG_CACHE?
2. Why there's no default? Because answer to No.1 is no?
3. Can I preinstall unzipped eggs to some directory so any script will
automagically pick that one and never bug me again?
4. Wouldn't it be simpler (for end-user like me) to not install
compressed eggs at all, unzipping them to corresponding dirs. This way
noone evere needs to address this issue again.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.