python26 doesn't build on 7.3 tinderbox amd64

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at tu-dortmund.de
Sat Feb 12 15:37:45 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> I also can't confirm that, but i remember i saw this happened  to some
> tinderboxes. mostly it was on zfs with tmpfs or ccache. Please check ur TB
> setup.
>
> Regards Martin
>
> PS: all python packages on pointyhat are also fine.

OK, fine. I've rid my computer (8.2-PREREL. kernel) of ZFS (for various
reasons, notably (1) unbearable slow speed with full disks - note this is
a WD RE3 drive and a quadcore CPU -, and (2) incapability to delete big
files without truncating them first on ZFS) and give it another spin.
UFS+journalling is a hell of a lot faster than ZFS for sure, even on a
slower (5400/min green Samsung) disk...

I'll then update the PR with my findings or just close it as ZFS artifact.

Thanks for the feedback and ZFS pointer already.

Best regards

--
Matthias Andree