ports/138837: lang/python26 compile failure

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Sep 15 10:10:07 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/138837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 david at vizion2000.net
Subject: Re: ports/138837: lang/python26 compile failure
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:07:36 +0100

 Re: ports/138835: Python compile failure
 Now 138837 !!!
  From: David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net>
  To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, david at vizion2000.net
  CC: miwi at freebsd.org, freebsd-ports-bugs at freebsd.org

 As reported by Ralph Kenyon <kenyon at kenyonralph.com>

 >On 2009-09-15T10:08:52+0100, David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
 > > I want to understand why bug reports get closed prematurely and without
 any
 > > discussion with the original person submitting the report.

 > > Yrs frustrated
 > > David Southwell
 > >ps the PR link is:
 >> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=138835
 > >(ports/138835: Python compile failure)

 >I am wondering the same thing. extra-patch-setup.py is wrong. miwi's
 >"can't confirm" post in ports/138835 doesn't even show the patch being
 >applied.

 >Here is the rejects file:

 >***************
 >*** 1273,1279 ****
                   )
               libraries = []

 -         elif platform in ('freebsd4', 'freebsd5', 'freebsd6', 'freebsd7',
 'freebsd8'):
               # FreeBSD's P1003.1b semaphore support is very experimental
               # and has many known problems. (as of June 2008)
               macros = dict(                  # FreeBSD
 --- 1277,1283 ----
                   )
               libraries = []

 +         elif platform in ('freebsd4', 'freebsd5', 'freebsd6', 'freebsd7',
 'freebsd8', 'freebsd9'):
               # FreeBSD's P1003.1b semaphore support is very experimental
               # and has many known problems. (as of June 2008)
               macros = dict(                  # FreeBSD

 >Kenyon Ralph
  >End of signed message

 This bug now has a new PR
 Link is: