Premature closure of PRs

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Sep 15 08:54:12 UTC 2009

I want to understand why bug reports get closed prematurely and without any
discussion with the original person submitting the report.

For example I submitted PR today in connection with a bug I originally
reported to both the ports and the python lists last week. When there was no
immediate fix I then submitted a PR this morning at was submitted:

Tue Sep 15 08:10:02 UTC 2009

It was closed 8 minutes later without further query:

Closed-Date:  Tue Sep 15 08:18:07 UTC 2009

Despite the fact there had been a posting on both the ports and python lists
by James Chang which was distributed to the lists at

Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:48:37 +0000 (UTC)

I then attempted to Submit a Follow up to include Chang's report only to find
that the PR had been prematurely closed simply because the maintainer assumed
that as he could not  replicate it the report must be unfounded.

Last-Modified:  Tue Sep 15 08:18:07 UTC 2009

Can we please have the system modified so that reports are not closed until
the submitter has had an opportunity to review the reasons and comment.

Lastly How does one get a closed PR re-opened?

Yrs frustrated
David Southwell