Multiple Python versions

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at ze.tum.de
Thu Jan 8 09:25:20 UTC 2009

cpghost schrieb:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 02:02:40PM +0100, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've two python versions running on my workstation. Python2.4 for Zope and
>> Python2.5 because even some X11 components need python2.5 these days.
>>
>> when i try to install some python packages in bot versions via ports i get
>> this error message.
>>
>> ===>  Installing for py25-dbus-0.83.0_1
>> ===>   py25-dbus-0.83.0_1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.5 - found
>> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
>> ===>  Checking if devel/py-dbus already installed
>> ===>   An older version of devel/py-dbus is already installed
>> (py24-dbus-0.83.0_1)
>>       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
>>       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
>>       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/py-dbus
>>       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
>>       in your environment or the "make install" command line.
>>
>> Wasn't the version prefix to allow a port being installed in two different
>> Python Version.
>>
>> Any way to get this working without having to force the installation every
>> time.
>
> You can try this in /etc/make.conf:
>
> # Global setting
> PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERISON=python2.5
>
> # some/py-port requires python2.4 (install py24-... port)
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/some/py-port}
> PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION=python2.4
> .endif
>
> It's not perfect, because some pyNN-... ports still share some
> files, esp. scripts in /usr/local/bin, etc., but it works for many
> Python ports already. ;)

Thats not my problem. The Problem is that i cant install the same port on
python2.4 and python2.5 (py-MySQLdb and py-ldap that zope needs and other
applications need it under python2.5)

shouldn't the already installed test be aware that py24- and py25- can be
installed at the same time.

It works without problem. I just have to force the installation so
portupgrade doesn't work for these ports properly

Regards
    Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt       | E-Mail: schmidt at ze.tum.de
TU-München	      |
WWW & Online Services |
Tel: 089/289-25270    |
Fax: 089/289-25257    | PGP-Publickey auf Anfrage