py-bittorrent/twistedCore broken on 8.0?

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 8 13:29:24 UTC 2008

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:

>> i.e. just it is getting exceptions when doing nothing at all, so it
>> seems to be completely broken.
>>
>> Have you tried this, or do you know where to begin looking at what
>> might be wrong?
>
> I know very little about Twisted, but I seem to recall that it offers
> a range of different reactors; if you can find where in bittorrent its
> deciding to use the kqreactor, you might be able to force it to use an
> alternate reactor (such as one based on select() or poll()).
>
> If you can change the reactor and get something that works, that would
> suggest some issue with the kqreactor, at least on 8.x.

Yeah, I tried the poll reactor, which doesn't throw exceptions but
appears still not to work properly (the bittorrent tracker doesn't seem
to be getting events delivered).  I am trying to track down further what
might be wrong.

Kris