FreeBSD 10.1 on Proliant ML150 G6

commerce ttgraphic ttgraphic at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 6 20:47:09 UTC 2015

>> Am 05.01.2015 um 22:41 schrieb Ian Fitzgerald <ianf at ozemail.com.au>:
>>
>> Initially posted to fbsd-questions
>>

>> Hello recipients
>>

>> I have performed countless installs over many years and most have been
>> easy, or my errors are soon discovered.
>>

>Interesting.
>
>So it’s a native em(4)-card now, not one OEM’ed by HP?
>
>Does it work with CentOS6/7Ubuntu12/14 as desired?
>

>Rainer

The embedded HP OEM'd 'card' was the bge, and em is the PCIe card inserted by me to test against after finding problem with bge.
My understanding is that drivers for each exist in the GENERIC kernel, as suggested by the results of
hardware probe. I chose the Intel Gigabit CT card as it is commonly used. I have not tested it against CentOS6/7Ubuntu12/14.

Ping works when sent to the machine's own address, in this case 192.168.1.71, but not when sent to other hosts. Other machines on
The 192.168.1.xxx network are unable to get a response when I ping 192.168.1.71

IanF.