hpilo in FreeBSD

Hussain Ali hali at datapipe.com
Tue May 18 20:32:48 UTC 2010

Same issue here. I have lots of HP FreeBSD systems - however that's a drop in the bucket compared to the all the linux systems using HP. HP doesn't  openly support FreeBSD which turns out to be an issue. This is with a few hundred HP DL systems running FreeBSD.

The link below requires compat5 and 6. It wasn't worth the time getting up last time I tried.

The openIPMI stuff does give some relevant information though and the cciss driver is better then the Linux implementation. Lack of hardware management tools on FreeBSD make it harder to work with.

--
-hussain