(no subject)

Wolfe, Sandra M [Ericsson Contractor for Sprint] Sandra.Wolfe at sprint.com
Tue Feb 2 23:24:17 UTC 2010

I have four new HP ProLiant DL380 G6 with a Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet card, HPNC 382i, dual port.  I have been able to image them with Free BSD 7.1 amd64, but the NIC cards will not come up.  I get a 'driver not attached' message in dmesg and they do not show up during the Ethernet configuration in the installation.

It looks like this NIC card is supported and it also looks like the driver is there in the kernel.  The information I have found tells me the bce driver should work.

Any ideas or suggestions?

These are the first HP servers I have worked with, all the rest are Dell and they all work great, no problems loading freebsd at all.  I wished I could have stayed with Dell, but the company changed the standard to HP, so I'm stuck with these.

Thanks.

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.