Any version of tools for DL380 G3 running FreeBSD 7.1+?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Sep 25 05:57:22 UTC 2009

Jochem Oosterveen wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Rick Flower wrote:
>> I just moved up to the DL line after my Proliant 6400R died due to
>> fan failure... Anyway, I've got freebsd 7.1 up and running but can't
>> get the latest hpasm working since the installer wants freebsd 6.x..
>> I tried running anyway but ran into shared library issues....  Anyone
>> got any suggestions? Thank you!
>
> Did you install the misc/compat6x port?
>
> If I recall correctly, I downloaded hpasm binaries from
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle/
> With compat4x and compat5x installed it runs without any error on 7.2
> here.
Ok.. I was able to load up compat6x and compat5x OK on my 7.1 box ..
However, after starting the FreeBSD5 version of hpasmd (which starts
fine), I get
the following when trying to start hpasmcli :

srv1# hpasmcli
HP management CLI for FreeBSD (v7.22)
Copyright 2003,2005 Hewlett-Packard Development Group, L.P.

NOTE: Some hpasmcli commands may not be supported on all Proliant servers.
      Type 'help' to get a list of all top level commands.
SetupChannel() msgget: Permission denied

ERROR: Could not communicate with hpasmd.
Please make sure the hpasmd daemon is started and running properly.

Any ideas on why this occurs?  I searched the archive but only found one
unanswered reference
for this issue..