HP Proliant dl g5

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Mar 30 14:33:01 PDT 2009

Am 30.03.2009 um 22:33 schrieb Hans Roman:

> Hi guys, I wanna know if someone has installed FreeBSD 7.1/7.0 in a HP
> Proliant dl g5. I've read that someone couldn't install 7.0 in this
> HP.
> Could you tell me if you had any troubles? and, which were them?

We run various FreeBSD versions on mostly DL380G3,G4 and G5 (and some
blades)
I would have to look what the very latest hardware actually is.

There was a time before 6.3 where you needed to run 6.3-PRERELEASE to
get anything useful out of the hardware.

Too bad HP doesn't really support FreeBSD with their insight-agents.

Rainer