Freebsd with HP Proliant DL380/DL180 G5

kama kama at pvp.se
Wed Dec 3 00:47:27 PST 2008

I can only report for DL380 G5.

I have not found any problem with running FreeBSD 7.1 amd64 on those. I
only have those in a lab environment, so I cant say how they perform on a
real heavy loaded server. But load tests, benchmarking and disk test have
all worked.

I have dual quad core setup with 16GB of ram. p800 as the SA card.

One thing that does not work is hpacucli on amd64. But that baby is up to
HP to fix. I really would like to see true fbds7 binaries of those apps,
now you need old libraries to make them work.

/Bjorn