Changing the console com port

Barry Friedman friedman at www1.emax.ca
Fri Aug 1 17:26:46 UTC 2008

John,

  Thanks for this. I hadn't noticed the RBSU setup option F9 during boot
  and I see that this allows the change of serial port. In the end I
  was able to use the standard COM2 port by changing the sio1 flags in
  /boot/device.hints and this seems to work in freebsd 7 (also needed to
  remove the sio0 flags line and add a boot.config file).

  In examing the RBSU options, I noticed a thermal shutdown option which
  was enabled.  Is there any chance of this triggering a reboot without
  leaving any ILO log messages?

Barry

--
Barry Friedman
Emax Computer Systems Inc., 480 Tweedsmuir Ave., Ottawa, Ont. Canada K1Z 5N9