DL380 G5 won't boot

Rob Crommentuijn RCrommentuijn at adimec.nl
Wed Feb 28 15:42:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install A HP dl380G5 with P600 controller, 2gb ram, 5 146gb
sas disk's in Raid 5 with hotspare.

The installation of Freebsd 6.2 I386 (with the bootonly cd) goed well,
with 1 small problem. When I want to create the slice for the partitions,
the installer will give me a Geometry incorrect warning and sets it's to
what it thinks is correct. The installation then goes without a problem.

When I reboot at the end of the installation it hangs at displaying the
bootloader (i'm using the freebsd bootmanager). Then the system bleeps
every few seconds. Rebooting using ctrl+alt+del is still possible, but it
won't boot. Also tried the AMD64 edition, but problem is the same.

Can you guys identify the problem i'm having? If you need some more
information, just ask for it.

Rob Crommentuijn
Systems and Network Administrator
rcrommentuijn at adimec.nl