HP Proliant SmartArray nagios check

Håkon Granlund hg at sircon.no
Tue Feb 13 15:50:36 UTC 2007

Søren Klintrup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a small shellscript, which will check any smartarray volume
> in the system, and output the state of the volumes to stdout, as well as
> exit with non-zero errorlevel in case of degraded/rebuilding raid, as
> per the nagios specs.
>
> The script is easily rewritten to perform other tasks in case of
> problems with the raids, like emailing, snmp-oid, being part of daily
> checks or whatever, we use nagios with nrpe for this purpose.
>
> The script itself runs on a bare FreeBSD without any kind of HP
> support-tools, it uses camcontrol to get the device information.
>
> More information at http://www.klintrup.dk/soren/proliant/
>
> Comments/patches/ideas are welcome :-)

Very nice!
We'll include this in our own maintenance scripts (no Nagios here). Your
work is well appreciated!

Worked as a charm on a minimal 6.2-REL DL380 G4 at amd64, Smart Array
6i/RAID5. I have a non-production server, so be sure to let me know if
you need a tester for future addons ;-)

Regards
Håkon Granlund