freebsd-proliant Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1

Greg Eden greg at wholemeal.net
Mon Feb 5 13:01:17 UTC 2007

Hello!

>    I tried installing hpacucli from [1]http://people.freebsd.org/
> ~jcagle
>    on FreeBSD 6.2/amd64
>    and could get it installed only after tweaking version check in
>    INSTALL script.
>    But after running hpacucli it segfaults with code 11.
>    Did anyone succed on installing it or is there maybe another way of
>    geting it to work on
>    FreeBSD6.2/amd64 or maybe another tool that has the same
>    functionality?

AFAIK there are no online tools like hpacucli for FreeBSD. The
original tools were withdrawn because of unspecified problems. It's
very awkward. I'm about to install some new disks in an MSA20 and
have to create a new RAID5 volume in the BIOS utility (losing a disk
in the process) because there are no online tools to expand the
existing volume.

If you can have the box offline for a day or two you can probably use
the linux ACU tools from a Linux live CD to expand an array.

Sadly that's not an option for me.

best.
greg.