Note: Fix committed to main for PPC32 SMP

Brandon Bergren bdragon at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 8 17:29:40 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021, at 9:58 PM, Mark Millard wrote:

> If I am to test any attempted timebase handling, I'll have
> to unwind my code that only tries to get the timebases
> close enough to avoid the problem, using a technique that
> is not platform specific but not as accurate either. (If
> the 32-bit code ever does support booting and operating
> multi-cpu G5s again, it would get back into this issue,
> just like the powerpc64 code for PowerMacs needs to.)

I have been testing accurate timebase setting for G4 on my end. It still needs cleaned up a bit before I commit it, but I will have that sorted out sometime soon.

G5 timebase handling is more complicated, especially because we don't have a platform interpreter so it will have to be a model-by-model fix for the newer ones that use platform funcs to handle turning the timebase clock on and off.

I'm gonna need a hexdump of the contents of the platform-cpu-timebase property on /cpus to get G5 models fixed properly (along with the model property on /)

PowerMac7,2 and PowerMac7,3 and RackMac3,1 should be able to be sorted out without this data, as those can be handled other ways (as per how the Linux code handles them.)

--
  Brandon Bergren
  bdragon at FreeBSD.org