Note: Fix committed to main for PPC32 SMP

Brandon Bergren bdragon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 6 21:55:44 UTC 2021

I finally figured out what was going on with the APs on 32 bit SMP.

Turns out the APs didn't have r30 initialized, so PLT calls wouldn't work. So when the pmap functions were converted to ifunc in r361544, the APs were unable to call pmap_cpu_bootstrap() from the trap handler code.

See bad9fa56620eb82395c5ab66d300e91a0222dde2 for the fix.

Since my dual processor G4 is now working, I can finally make some progress on the timebase handling code.

--
  Brandon Bergren
  bdragon at FreeBSD.org