PowerMac G5 fans going crazy

Julio Merino julio at meroh.net
Wed Feb 17 17:34:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 7:58 AM Mark Millard via freebsd-ppc <
freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > On 2021-Feb-17, at 05:17, Jason Bacon <bacon4000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > It's a known issue - search the archives of this list.  I think someone
> mentioned that it's been fixed in 13-BETA2,
>
> No fixes for the mis-matched times across cpus issues have been
> committed to main or stable/13 . Sleeping threads can still sleep
> way too long.

Thanks all for the responses. Good to know that this is a known issue and
not something odd only I experience.

I had tried to search the archives and bugs for this... but I could not
find anything -- and cannot find it now even knowing that this has been
previously mentioned.

Are there more details about this problem somewhere? Do we have an open bug
tracking it?

Thank you

--
jmmv.dev