Looking for shell access for (minimal) LLDB testing

Justin Hibbits chmeeedalf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:31:36 UTC 2021

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 13:16:38 +0100
Michał Górny <mgorny at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on modernizing LLDB's FreeBSD support.  As a part of that,
> I have to port all architecture-specific code to a new process plugin
> architecture, and I'd prefer to test that my code actually works ;-).
>
> Sadly, FWICS FreeBSD doesn't work under qemu-system-ppc [1], and my
> attempts seem to confirm that.  For this reason I'd like to ask --
> would someone be able to grant me user-privilege shell access to a
> machine (or VM) running 32-bit FreeBSD on PowerPC for a few days?
>
> I probably won't need root access, though rsync(1) installed would be
> helpful.  I'm going to need around 1G of disk space but I can try to
> squeeze in less than that if necessary.  All builds are done on my
> home machine via a cross-compiler, so I won't be using much CPU or
> memory, just some network bandwidth to transfer the data.
>
> TIA for your help.
>
> [1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/QemuRecipes#powerpc

Hi Michał,

I don't have a 32-bit powerpc system available for you to use, but you
should be able to run lldb just fine on the FreeBSD powerpc64 Qemu
recipe.  Do you need a 32-bit kernel, or just 32-bit userland?

If you need a 32-bit kernel, I have successfully run FreeBSD on a
Book-E qemu, so if you can build a MPC85XX kernel, you can run in that.

- Justin