PowerMac G4 booting from memstick image

Mehul Sanghvi mehul.sanghvi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 23:34:21 UTC 2021

Hi Alfredo,

   I may have confused things with the link I included in my email.  The picture is of someone else
 who was booting off an USB stick.  I was using the command they used, adapted for my device
settings:

      ok >  boot usb0:/disk at 1:,\ppc\boot1.elf

 Does that look like the correct command to use for booting from USB ?

 I’ll go ahead and create an image with 13.0 and see if that works.  As I understand it 13.0 handles SMP on the G4 better, and since I have a G$ with 2 CPUs, that would be better anyway.

cheers,

    mehul

--
Mehul Sanghvi