devel/freebsd-gcc9 at powerpc (for example) : it has the clang vs. gcc vec_step name conflict (for powerpc families): build fails under clang

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 1 00:41:53 UTC 2020

On 12/26/19 11:39 PM, Mark Millard wrote:
>>> is missing the patch-clang-vec_step that is in:
>>>
>>> FBSDG5L2# ls -laT /usr/ports/lang/gcc9/files/
>>
>> That is a hack that can be used to work around the issue; I strongly
>> recommend addressing this in clang properly, though.

I think using the hack patch in devel/freebsd-gcc* is fine for now, but can
you confirm if both 6 and 9 need it or only 9?

--
John Baldwin