[Bug 238724] textproc/asciidoc 8.6.10 requires python 2.7 in spite of make.conf DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=python=3.7

bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 21 10:11:14 UTC 2019


https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=238724

Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at FreeBSD.org> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |danfe at FreeBSD.org

--- Comment #3 from Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at FreeBSD.org> ---
> I was trying to get to was that I already have python 3.7.3 built and
> installed from ports and I do NOT want another version of python around.
If you try to build textproc/asciidoc with Python 3.x, you'd immediately notice
this error:

> ===>  Building for asciidoc-8.6.10_1
> gmake[2]: Entering directory '.../work/asciidoc-8.6.10'
> Fixing CONF_DIR in asciidoc.py
> Fixing CONF_DIR in a2x.py
> /usr/local/bin/python3.6 a2x.py -f manpage doc/a2x.1.txt
>   File "a2x.py", line 79
>     print '%s: %s' % (PROG,msg)
>                  ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
The code is still using 2.x syntax (print statement) and thus cannot be built
with new Python as is (without patching).  Feel free to craft a patch. :-)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.


More information about the freebsd-ppc mailing list