Keeping Freebsd 11.2 PPC up to date

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 19 17:09:53 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 01:50:43PM +0100, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
> I'm about to put a freebsd server in production. I've installed
> 11.2-RELEASE from cd. I would like to know how am I supposed to
> keep it up-to-date, at least security wise: "svn info /usr/src"
> issues:
>
> svn: E155007: '/usr/src' is not a working copy

That's probably because you've selected "src" distset to be unpacked
during the installation.  Don't do that, instead, check it out with
svnline(1) if you plan to track it and/or build world from it:

svnline co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/<branch-you-want-to-track> /usr/src

Alternatively, you might want to chase binary updates; in this case,
refer to freebsd-update(8).

./danfe