compile error

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Nov 19 16:05:57 UTC 2018

On 11/19/18 10:46 AM, Justin Hibbits wrote:
<snip>
> Did you first make kernel-toolchain or make buildworld, for this?  I'm
> assuming you're using either MPC85XX, MPC85XXSPE or QORIQ64 as the
> kernel.  Which target are you using: powerpc, powerpcspe, or powerpc64?

Is this sort of stepwise knowledge documented ?

I see here  :

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

So this "kernel-toolchain" is not there at all. I am speaking out of
turn given that I have yet to see my own little ppc64 experiment build
a kernel yet and in fact it has been working slowly on gdb-8.2 from
ports for nearly twenty hours. I expect to get around to building
current sometime later today and it would ne nice to know what little
secrets are hidden from the online docs.  The gcc build docs are about
the same so maybe just experience and experiments are needed to
determine a stable path to building current.

Dennis