Supported versions running on PowerMac G4?

Michael Tuexen tuexen at fh-muenster.de
Mon Nov 12 13:29:35 UTC 2018

> On 12. Nov 2018, at 06:29, Jukka Ukkonen <jau789 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> Now that 10.4 is apparently no longer supported I would like to
> know whether there is any supported FreeBSD version which
> boots and runs on an old dual-cpu PowerMac G4 QuickSilver?
I can't comment on the SMP features...

I'm running FreeBSD head on a G4 MacMini without any problems
(however, I'm not running a GUI on it). The only exception is that
I can't load kernel modules via /boot/loader.conf.

I'm also running FreeBSD head on a dual CPU G5, but it runs only
stably when disabling smp. So you might want to try disabling smp
also on your G4 system in case you experience problems.

Best regards
Michael