QEMU

Jason Bacon bacon4000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:39:41 UTC 2018

On 07/09/18 14:17, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 7/9/18 11:55 AM, Jason Bacon wrote:
>> Anyone running on qemu lately?
>>
>> I've tried following the "recipe": https://wiki.freebsd.org/QemuRecipes
>> and tried using aqemu.
>>
>> 11.2-RELEASE hangs during boot from the ISO.
>>
>> 11.1 makes it to the install screen, but does not accept keyboard input.
>>
>> Hoping to fix ppc issues in some of the ports I maintain and I don't
>> have any ppc hardware at the moment.
> It's been a while since I tried those (I put the recipes up), and IIRC
> I was only ever able to boot powerpc64 under qemu, never 32-bit.

Just noticed that the keyboard works during initial boot (I can hit
enter to cancel the countdown after loading the kernel), but
after successfully starting services and launching the installer, there
is no response.

"Scanning USB" shows a USB keyboard and mouse and "no console specified
using screen & keyboard".

Adding -usb and/or -device usb-kbd don't seem to help.

How about PearPC?

--
Earth is a beta site.