binutils 2.27

Curtis Hamilton hamiltcl at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 20:10:31 UTC 2016

I've experienced the same issues after upgrading to binutils 2.27.  It looks
like the problem is related to the use of the Binary File Descriptor (BFD)
library.  Check if you see several messages beginning with "BFD:".

I downgraded back to binutils 2.25, which was previously installed, and
everything works properly.   I skipped binutils 2.26, but will give that a
try.

Regards,

Curtis