There are no powerpc64 or powerpc 10.1-STABLE snapshots left

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Fri May 22 23:20:19 UTC 2015

For example http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/powerpc/ . . . no longer has any 10.1-STABLE snapshots for powerpc64 or powerpc. It has been over a month since the last ones (that were still available a few days ago). 11.0-CURRENT still is building and has snapshots.

Announcements on https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-snapshots/2015-May/date.html generally cover available snapshots, not why any are missing. (Naturally.) I’m not sure if any snapshot-build-attempt logs are accessible for looking into why various snapshots end up missing sometimes. That could be handier at times then doing an update and build-attempt to find out.

(I'm not in need of a snapshot or anything, just monitoring the status for now. And in my current context as long as there are problems I'm unlikely to try to update. But other folks might go looking in hope of installing 10.1-STABLE on powerpc64 or powerpc.)

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net