Is this a sign that nobody has tested 10.1-stable on a 32-bit ppc?

Justin Hibbits chmeeedalf at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:09:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 05/18/15 06:04, Jukka Ukkonen wrote:
> Find attached a trailing snippet of build time messages
> while running buildkernel on a 32 bit ppc (PowerMac G4
> Quicksilver).
> During the last 2 months or so there have been some changes
> to sys/dev/drm2/radeon/radeon_fence.c in 10.1-stable which
> now break buildkernel. Previously I had rebuilt the whole
> operating system on this ppc platform on Apr 23 and then
> the build worked just fine.
>
> Now the whole oddity starts with an announcement...
> "cc1: warnings being treated as errors"
> and then begin warning messages about implicit declarations
> of this and that atomic 64 bit functions and more warnings
> about nested extern declarations of those same functions.
> I guess that some of the code seen by the compiler was
> never intended to be used on a 32 bit ppc system, but those
> changes were never actually tested on a 32 bit ppc either.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> --jau
Personally, I don't run stable, I run current, as I do active
development.  That error message is indicative of drm2/radeon being
built for powerpc (32-bit), when currently it should only be built for
i386 and amd64.  Reviewing the commit history, the likely change that
you're seeing was r282199, on April 28.  I also perused the Makefile,
and the drm2 module is only getting built for i386 and amd64, so check
if you have any local modifications that would cause it to be built. (I
CC'd the DRM maintainer, in case something else is screwy).

- Justin