Apache OpenOffice on FreeBSD-ppc (was Re: LibreOffice 4)

Justin Hibbits chmeeedalf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 16:50:00 UTC 2014

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:18:23 +0000
Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 09:45:29PM -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > My recommendation is to start from 4.0.1 and then upstream your
> > changes (it should not be difficult). For PPC you can, of course,
> > borrow heavily from linux-ppc. Here is an old guide that may help:
> >
> > https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Lazy_Hackers_Guide_To_Porting
>
> Thanks; I'll certainly take a look; right now I'm still fighting with
> X11 problems on PPC and Clang-builds on -CURRENT/i386.

Clang isn't quite complete for ppc32 (it mostly works, with some
issues, on ppc64, those are being worked out).  For C++11 features, and
better support in general, I'd recommend gcc48.

As for X11 problems, what problems are you having?  Nathan fixed
building WITH_NEW_XORG and has a patch floating around, I believe he
filed a couple PRs on it, too.

- Justin