llvm && clang on 9.2-RELEASE PPC 32

Luciano Mannucci l at mcs.it
Tue Jan 7 10:33:30 UTC 2014

I'm trying to compile vlc from the ports on my old MAC powerbook G4.
For some mysterious reason it seems to love a lot clang for its build,
which botches because of some features needed but non implemented on
PPC architecture. I've tryed to replace the release clang with the
trunk version and now I get a different error. The problem is that
I cannot debug clang, because if I build it without --enable-optimize
the resulting build doesn't pass the tests. It almost does an exit 134
(even if I try to compile a trivial test.c myself), sometimes it does
an exit 2.
I may have missed something basic, do I?
Have someone else compiled a recent llvm & clang without --enable-optimize
successfully?

Cheers to everyone && happy new fereebsd year,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250