Install Tips for Newbie with FreeBSD 10

precutcolours at mailcan.com precutcolours at mailcan.com
Sat Jan 4 03:04:59 UTC 2014

The GPT hard disk is external; nothing's inside the case but a DVD
drive.

The setup instructions seem not very baroque. Thanks. I'm glad to hear
you use a G5 too. I guess I want the powerpc64 download when 10 final
ships.

My real frill is putting $HOME into RAM-based fs. Having volatile $HOME
auto-populated from disk at boot is a script job, unless BSD has
something, maybe some kind of unionfs. I prefer basic rsync, myself, as
the point of RAM is to bypass disk activity.

Thanks very much.