Installation of 9.2 or 10.0-RC2 to Powerbook G4 1.67

Britt Dodd brittman914 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 20:21:49 UTC 2014

Good afternoon,

I'd like to begin by saying that while I do have a bunch of x86 systems,
I'd also like to make (limited) use of powerpc hardware -- mainly a
Powerbook G4, an XServe G5 and a XServe G4 (it'll be the 'garage mac').

OSX support died with 10.5. A bunch of Linux distros totally dropped
building for ppc/32. I'm starting to really get attached to running FreeBSD
and would like to install it on my powerpc equipment.

I attempted to load the LiveCD in my powerbook, and maybe 2 seconds into
bootup (with tty output on screen) the entire system abruptly shuts off.

Any hints?

Britt