/usr/ports/devel/icu does not compile

Luciano Mannucci l at mcs.it
Wed Nov 20 11:26:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:34:47 +0100
Frank Pfabigan <frank.pfabigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> is /usr/ports/devel/icu, which will not compile so that neither kde, gnome,
> xfce will be built.
>
> the only window manager so far that works is enlightenment (0.17).
I'm running xfce on my old (1998) powerbook. It works like a charm :-)
I remember having had a hard time compiling icu, I don't remember what
fixed the thigie though.
Maybe it needs gcc46.
Or maybe it was not enough swap space.
You may wish ti try. Once compiled gcc46 from the ports, just
issue "setenv CC gcc46" and "setenv GXX g++46" and type a
make install clean in the icu directory.
Good luck, BTW... :-)

Now I'm trying to compile webkit-gtk2 (needed - among others - by
gnome). I'm still trying to understand what's going wrong (each
attempt costs more then 24 hours compilation :). I'll report the
results once I have some... :-)

Cheers,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250