Unable to obtain PowerPC Kernel and System sources

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu
Sun Apr 28 16:03:03 UTC 2013


Unfortunately no 9.1-RELEASE images were built for ppc32, due to lack of
time from the ppc32 release engineer. Best bet is what you are doing, check
out the source and rebuild.

- Justin
On Apr 28, 2013 7:16 AM, "Shlomi Marco" <squigly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fabian.
>
> Unfortunately G4 are 32-bit only so PowerPC 64 is a no-go for me.
> I'll go with your suggestion to checkout all and rebuild the entire system.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> S.
>
>
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Fabian Wenk <fabian at wenks.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hello Shlomi
> >
> >
> > On 28.04.2013 15:42, Shlomi Marco wrote:
> >
> >> Will do so. Just for general info, I've installed the system about 3
> days
> >> ago from an ISO file I've downloaded from FreeBSD ftp.
> >>
> >
> > This seems rather odd, as FreeBSD 9.1 had been released on 30th. December
> > 2012, including the powerpc64 version.
> >
> >
> >  Did I just accidentally downloaded an old iso, or did 9.1-RELEASE ISOs
> >> were
> >> never released?
> >>
> >
> > Ah, I guess I just see what could have happen to you. For FreeBSD 9.1 /
> > powerpc there are only 9.1-RC2 ISOs [1] available. But for FreeBSD 9.1 /
> > powerpc64 only the 9.1-RELEASE ISOs [2]. I guess the 32bit version of
> > powerpc never got released, but I do not know the reason or any details.
> >
> >   [1] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/**FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc/9.**1/<
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc/9.1/>
> >   [2] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/**FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc64/**9.1/<
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc64/9.1/>
> >
> > If your system does support the powerpc64 version, then it is probably
> > easier to just do a fresh installed with the powerpc64 9.1-RELEASE ISO.
> >
> >
> > PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to the list is perfect, as I
> do
> > filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.
> >
> >
> >
> > bye
> > Fabian
> > ______________________________**_________________
> > freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org mailing list
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/**mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ppc<
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ppc>
> > To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ppc-unsubscribe@**freebsd.org<
> freebsd-ppc-unsubscribe at freebsd.org>
> > "
> >
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ppc
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ppc-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
>


More information about the freebsd-ppc mailing list