Unable to obtain PowerPC Kernel and System sources

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Apr 28 13:55:11 UTC 2013

Hello Shlomi

On 28.04.2013 15:42, Shlomi Marco wrote:
> Will do so. Just for general info, I've installed the system about 3 days
> ago from an ISO file I've downloaded from FreeBSD ftp.

This seems rather odd, as FreeBSD 9.1 had been released on 30th.
December 2012, including the powerpc64 version.

> Did I just accidentally downloaded an old iso, or did 9.1-RELEASE ISOs were
> never released?

Ah, I guess I just see what could have happen to you. For FreeBSD
9.1 / powerpc there are only 9.1-RC2 ISOs [1] available. But for
FreeBSD 9.1 / powerpc64 only the 9.1-RELEASE ISOs [2]. I guess
the 32bit version of powerpc never got released, but I do not
know the reason or any details.

   [1] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc/9.1/
   [2] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-powerpc64/9.1/

If your system does support the powerpc64 version, then it is
probably easier to just do a fresh installed with the powerpc64
9.1-RELEASE ISO.

PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to the list is
perfect, as I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.

bye
Fabian