POWER3 / IBM 7028-6E1

Lyubomir Grigorov lyubomir at grigorovl.eu
Tue Jan 10 03:04:29 UTC 2012

>Likely it needs some additional magic for your machine. If you can get to the
>OF prompt, you  might be able to start the loader by hand.
I updated the firmware and I also tried FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE (I had an old RC
that I was using before) and I was able to get some output. I was able to
select Boot Device > IDE CD-ROM, and then it identified FreeBSD. Once it
booted, it failed with:

Heap memory claim failed!
                         ENTER called ok
0 >

I then threw in some random commands at the OF prompt:

0 > boot cd: Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok
0 > boot cd Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok
0 > boot ide0/disk at 0:0 Unable to use memory at load-base
 ok

Is there some verbose boot I can try to get you more information? The CD is at
least now booting, so the hope continues to live :)

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)