PowerPC, gpart and multiboot (Was: Trying to install FreeBSD 8.2-RC1 on a PowerMac G5)

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:37:05 UTC 2011

Okay, with boot1.txt, is it possible to set the exact partition number?

CHRP-BOOT>
<DESCRIPTION>FreeBSD/powerpc bootloader</DESCRIPTION>
<OS-NAME>FreeBSD</OS-NAME>
<VERSION> $FreeBSD: src/sys/boot/powerpc/boot1.chrp/bootinfo.txt,v 1.2
2008/10/$

<COMPATIBLE>
MacRISC MacRISC3 MacRISC4
</COMPATIBLE>
<BOOT-SCRIPT>
" screen" output
boot &device;:&partition;,\ppc\boot1.elf  <-- here to such as /dev/ad0s12 as
an additional argument??
</BOOT-SCRIPT>
</CHRP-BOOT>
 And can ufsread.c be modified to allow such as booting from another
partition?

Can one use ffs instead of ufs2 and have a separate boot for what tingo
asked?