8.0-RC2 on Rackmac3,1 - fatal kernel trap

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sat Nov 7 13:36:57 UTC 2009

I just took a look at the data layout in the kernel, and translations
immediately precedes ofwcall, so there is no question that the buffer
size has been exceeded and that the zeroing the translations buffer has
killed ofwcall. I'll send you a new CD with a larger buffer (and bounds
checking) sometime at the beginning of next week. Hopefully, the change
will also be merged in 8.0-RELEASE.
-Nathan