[patch] __syncicache: eliminate D-cache flush

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Sun May 24 12:48:35 UTC 2009

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> I tested a make buildworld/buildkernel and a make release. I can't
> test the image because I'm having difficulty booting from the CD
> (I think that's mostly related to using a serial console and none
> of the standard Open Firmware key combinations works).
>
> Can someone try and boot (and preferably go through a real install):
>     http://people.freebsd.org/~marcel/8.0-CURRENT-200905-powerpc-disc1.iso
>
> In the mean time, I'll try a make buildworld across NFS to see if
> we need to implement cpu_flush_dcache() to compensate...

I tried to boot the iso on my iMac DV, 'default catch' when trying to
change from of to boot screen.

Then I applied the patch to my src tree and had the same issue.

The iMac DV details:
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #26 r192567M: Fri May 22 14:45:02 CEST 2009

andreast at deuterium_fbsd.andreas.nets:/export/devel/obj/powerpc/export/devel/src/sys/GENERIC
cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 750 revision 3.2, 500.00 MHz
cpu0: HID0 8090c0a4<EMCP,DOZE,DPM,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,BHT>
real memory  = 525922304 (501 MB)
avail memory = 506224640 (482 MB)

Andreas