Crosscomliling world

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat Feb 21 09:18:17 PST 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:45:46 +0100
Rafal Jaworowski <raj at semihalf.com> wrote:

> Aleksey V Fedorov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > How to crosscomlile world for MPC8548 target on amd64 host?
> > I have powerpc-binutils and powerpc-gcc installed in
> > /usr/local/bin/powerpc-elf-eabi
> > Is there standard method to make crossbuild?

> The regular way is the following:
>
> make buildworld TARGET_ARCH=powerpc TARGET_CPUTYPE=e500
>
> (This creates cross toolchain at the beginning of the build process)

You'll probably want to update to a newer version of gcc than
4.2.1 because I believe the MPC8548 (e500v2) was only supported from
early 2008.

I've only found instructions on blogs etc. for crosscompiling FreeBSD
on embedded platforms - is this something that should go on the Wiki or
in the handbook?

--
Bruce Cran