Some needed information about new installation of FreeBSD 7.1.

Luca Renaud renaud.luca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:08:01 PST 2009

Used to the Linux world for more than 8 years,Debian,OpenSuSE,deb,rpm etc. I
want to experiment with FreeBSD and
install the new 7.1 on my iMac rev.A Bondi Blue.,however I have some
questions:

1)Pre-compiled packages of the ports collection I see only for
i386,ia64,amd64 on the ftp://ftp.freebsd.org site,when I put
the cursor over the link Package in the ports package list,the link is for
the i386 compiled package.So,where can I find
pre-compiled packages for the ppc architecture?

2) Used to the security features of the packaging systems in Linux,automated
signature verification of packages previous
to the installation etc.,openpgp keys for package maintainers,for the
distribution itself etc. the best I could see in freebsd
is the hash sums in the distinfo files,for source code files,what about the
pre-compiled files?,signed individually and
to verify with pkg_check?