X and Xvnc error ...

Niels S. Eliasen nse at delfi-konsult.com
Tue Jun 24 18:58:41 UTC 2008

Hi Peter

Den 24/06/2008 kl. 18.21 skrev Peter Grehan:

> Hi Niels,
>
>> Anyone knows how to fix this error ??
>> this particular snippet is from Xvnc... but can be produced for
>> the X server as well....
>>> X connection to :12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>>> Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :12.0 broken (explicit kill or
>>> server shutdown).
>>> X connection to :12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>>>
>> and then quite often a
>>> pid 6966 (Xvnc), uid 501: exited on signal 11
>>>
>> will appear in the "messages" file....
>
>  I never really had any success with Xvnc - the display would be
> all managled, and my assumption was it had something to do with the
> myriad of what looked like endian-related compile warnings when
> building it.
Ah..  in my opinion it's ok.. when you use the vnc-4.1.2 source...
"freeNX" would be nicer.. but that's _really_ troublesome to get
compiled... on PowerPC that is..

>  But that was a while ago. What version of FreeBSD/ppc and Xvnc are
> you running ?
>
>  Is Xvnc or X leaving a core file lying around ?
X is leaving a core file around....
but I have to wait a little bit with this... it appears that the disk
(where FreeBSD was installed on) has gone belly up.... :-(
be back later ... after a certain amount of panic.... and lots of
coffee.... and general hysteria.... ;-)

> later,
>
> Peter.

kind regards

nse

"Ach, crivens, what a wee snotter....."

Quote from "The Wee Free Men" by Terry Pratchett