Device trees

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jul 25 06:26:48 UTC 2008

In message: <48896F25.6060204 at fang.fa.gau.hu>
            Peter Czanik <pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu> writes:
: Helo,
:
: Benno Rice írta:
: >> - working out DTS layouts, OF bindings definitions and conventions
: >> (and their
: >> further maintenance) so that they can be used on architectures other
: >> that
: >> PowerPC (as having a modern device resources representation accross
: >> different
: >> architectures in FreeBSD was very important aspect of our discussions)
: >
: > We could open up a dialogue with the dtc developers if you think
: > that'd help.  My contact seemed very keen to have the code be used in
: > FreeBSD.
: The Linux guys just announced on the linuxppc-dev mailing list, that a
: new device-tree specific mailing list was created. Please see
: http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-July/060558.html

Thanks!  I think this would be totally cool.  Having a standardized
resource description language between Linux and FreeBSD would make it
faster/easier to import board support from Linux into FreeBSD :-)

Warner