About install freebsd on ibook g4(2005)

Nathan Whitehorn nathanw at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 18 16:24:52 UTC 2008

李强 wrote:
> Hi,
>   I try to install freeebsd on my Ibook ,but last time it can't
> recognize the inner keyboard (can't remember 6.0 or 7.0) . I'd like to
> know the inner keyboard on ibook problem is solved at version 7.0 or
> 8.0. And is there a release note for install on powerpc or ibook?

There is still no support for the built-in keyboard on PowerPC laptops.
I've started work on ADB support, which now works on some older
machines, and Peter Grehan was working on a module to let it run on
later laptops, so this support should be available in the next few
months. For now, though, you will be stuck with an external USB keyboard.
-Nathan