Porting FreeBSD to PPC

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Thu Jul 10 15:31:31 UTC 2008

Won De Erick wrote:
> thanks. Is U-boot an open source? When porting, what are the things that I need to know. I can't see detailed tutorials on the internet.
> Hope for your support!

I had a look and it seems U-Boot doesn't have a dedicated configuration for
the ML403 board yet, although some people mentioned a successful attempts to
use the one for ML300.

You basically need to download U-Boot and first make it run on the ML403
(which might require some work on its own). After this initial stage, enable
U-Boot API (add #define CONFIG_API to the board's config) and have FreeBSD
loader run on top of U-Boot; only after this the proper kernel work would start..

Rafal