How to format partition mac

Coleman Kane zombyfork at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:02:05 UTC 2007

On 2/28/07, André Dias <dredias at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install the FreeBSD in mine iMac G3-500mhz, with 512 mb
> of ram and hd of 40gb, but I am not obtaining to partition hd, would
> like to know as I make this, will be that somebody could help me?
> Grateful,
> Beren

Afraid that I don't understand the problem. If you are trying to run FreeBSD
from a mac partition, you will not be able to (nor will you be able to run
it from the "UFS" partitions that OS X likes to make, I think).  You also
won't be able to format an HFS+ volume from within FreeBSD, you'll have to
do that from OS X or OS 9.

Look at this if you haven't already:
http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/miniinst.txt

--