Interrupt filtering - newbus API patch

Paolo Pisati piso at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 16 13:17:08 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

i started to break down my interrupt filtering work in pieces (to ease
commiting it) and so far i've prepared the first patch that contains
_JUST_ the modification to the newbus API: no new features, no
improvement to the interrupt handling, etcetc it's just the
modification to the bus_setup_intr() syntax, and it touches ALL the
drivers in our tree (that's why it's so big).

The patch against HEAD is here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~piso/intr_filter/

where:

* intr_filter-newbus-MI.patch contains the diffs against the MI code

* intr_filter-newbus-$ARCH.patch contains the diffs against the MD
code for the various $ARCHs

* intr_filter-newbus-full.patch contains all the diffs in one big
patch file

For every patch file, there's a $patch.files, containing the list
of files modified by that patch.

Moreover, i put there a tarball of my src/sys dir (sys-intr.tgz) just
in case the big patch doesn't apply correctly (the kernel
is 3 weeks old now but should be ok).

This patch is working for amd64, arm, i386 and sparc64: so far i still
need feedback from ia64/ppc/sun4v before i submit a formal commit
request to re@, so i would appreciate if any ppc/ia64/sun4v developer
could take a look and test it.

Thanks,
P.